We cordially invite you to the conference on the
“YEZIDI KURDS AND THE MIDDLE-EAST: CURRENT SITUATION & FUTURE PROJECTIONS”
Co-organised by the S&D Group in the EP
The European Representation of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP – Halkların Demokratik Partisi) and the European Yezidi Federation.
|“HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND ENTER THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT”|
An official “European Parliament personal badge / pass” will be provided to all participants to the Conference.
All participants MUST communicate by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
1) Name and surname
2) Date of birth
3) Place and country of residence
4) Number of a valid document (e.g.: passport, national ID, etc…)
This information must be sent to the above-mentioned mail before the 12th of NOVEMBER 2014.
Your “personal badge / pass” will be available at the main entrance of the European Parliament (Place du Luxembourg – main European Parliament’s building “Altiero Spinelli” – just after the sliding doors you’ll find a conference desk), during AND ONLY between 16:00 – 17:00 on 19th November.
YEZIDI KURDS AND THE MIDDLE-EAST: CURRENT SITUATION & FUTURE PROJECTIONS
November 19th 17:00 – 19:00
Room: 4Q2 – European Parliament / Brussels
Simultaneous interpretation: English, French & German
MEP Ana Gomes, S&D Group, Portugal
17:15 – 19:00
MP Josef Weidenholzer, S&D Group, Austria
- Current situation: the Yezidis From History to Present
Şefik Tagay (PhD), Chair of the Union of Yezidi Academics (TBC)
- Future Projections of the Yezidis for a Recognised Status
Mr. Ali Atalan, Co-Chair of the European Êzidi Federation
- European Responsibility for the Refugees in Kurdish Region of Turkey
Mr. Eyyup Doru, European Representative of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP)
- Minorities under threat: Political Situation of the Assyrian-Syriacs
- Rima Tüzün, Responsible for Foreign Affairs, European Syriac Union
Questions and discussion with moderators & discussants