Dr. Hassan Aydinli, representative of the Iraqi Turkmen to the EU, also said in his speech that Assyrians, Turkmen and Yezidis people were the most ancient peoples of the region:
“We want to live together as people and belief of three communities. We have been continuously oppressed by the Iraqi regime. The latter has always suffer problems for minority peoples. And now it is the Daech gangs who attack us violently. We have no security for our lives. The time has come for the Yezidis, Assyrians and Turkmen people to get status in order to achieve their independence.”
Finally, the President of the European Syriac Union Lahdo Hobil stressed the importance of establishing a common and democracy as the only way to avoid the pressure they were subject:
“An equality and freedom of nations can be achieved only through obtaining a status of autonomy in Iraq and Kurdistan. Because when Daech attacked Ninova area, many Assyrians were massacred. And this risk continues today. “
To finish, he made the following requests:
– Strengthen the fight against international Daech
– Release the areas occupied by Daech
– Give A regional and international support to make possible the return of Assyros–Chaldeans and Syriac who were forced to leave the plains of Mosul and Ninova.
– The recognition of a status of autonomy to the Assyrians of Ninova area.
– A humanitarian aid from the European Union in this area.